The Oxford Dictionary defines resilience as follows:
- the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.”the often remarkable resilience of so many British institutions”
- the ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape; elasticity.”nylon is excellent in wearability and resilience”
As women, we are often faced with challenges and adversity. Despite thinking otherwise, we are all resilient in our own ways. From the first cycle, many women have been blessed to experience the 100 Strong & Sexy CommUNITY. Each woman had their own challenges stemming from multiple factors in life. Each woman has overcome adversity by practicing resilience in their own way.
Here are some of the ways to practice resilience:
- Practice self-advocacy by recognizing the ability and power to make a change.
- Avoid the practice of painting a situation in a negative light by changing perspectives.
- Recognize special abilities and talents. We all have our superpowers. Once we recognize this, we can use these abilities to our advantage to navigate a difficult situation.
- Tap into CommUNITY connections. This includes family and close friends. You are never alone in adversity. We encourage to lean on the 100 Strong & Sexy CommUNITY if you need support. No Sister Eagle is left alone and we fly in formation.